What We Do

  • The Edge College Prep Bootcamp is a 3-5 day seminar that will help clients to compose and put into place a plan, designed to organize their goals from their first day on campus.
  • This seminar is designed to remove the anxiety that parents and students share about the move to college.
  • Clients attend the seminar in “Business Casual” attire for two days and in attire that is expected at work in whichever industry they are considering.
  • We cover subjects that include:
  • Leadership – Whom to mimic. Targeting mentors.
  • Gallup Strengths.
  • Time Management.
  • Social Anxiety (Making friends and the art of small talk).
  • Should I get a job?
  • Finances.
  • Managing parents’ expectations
  • Choosing a major.

Harvard Study on Succeeding in College

A 1979 Harvard MBA study asked a graduating class:
“Have you set written goals and created a plan for your attainment?”

  • 84% of the entire class had set no goals at all
  • 13% of the class had set written goals but had no concrete plans
  • 3% of the class had both written goals and concrete plans

10 years later, the 13% of the class that had set written goals but had not created plans, were making twice as much money as the 84% of the class that had set no goals at all. However, the 3% of the class that had both written goals and a plan, were making ten times as much as the remaining 97% of the class.

Cost of College Investment

Our College Prep Boot Camp is about making sure each student has CREATED A PLAN and SET THE WRITTEN GOALS that will guide them past the anxiety of the unknown.

Understanding what they will face and having a concise and specific plan of action, will help to give them a reliable framework that they will use throughout their entire academic career.

The average cost of a 4-year college in the United States (including books, supplies, daily living expenses and the loss of income from not being in the workforce) is $310,476 per student.

Considering that college freshmen make up 30% of the total dropout rate. In four-year institutions, 56% of students tend to drop out after six years. This level of investment deserves and demands preparation, planning and written goals.